Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Whose Time Is It?

I was finally growing up! I was taking control of my own life; just like Dr. Phil suggests. In the past couple of months, I have realized the newfound freedom of not having time for everyone who wants to make some claim on my life or my time.

I used to fall victim to anyone who happened to stop by the office, or even to anyone whose path I crossed who might want a “few minutes of your time.” It didn’t matter what I was doing or where I was on my way to, I was compelled to stop and listen and respond appropriately.

Until recently, that is. Recently I have finally realized that just because it fit the other person’s schedule to see me or stop me or want (or “need”) to talk, it didn’t have to fit mine. After all; I am as important as the next person! My time is as valuable as anyone else’s.

“Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools.” Romans 1:22. They are me.

I am quite sure it wasn’t really convenient for Jesus to leave the Father’s side to come to earth and live as a human; to be betrayed, hated, lied to and lied about, mocked, and killed. Yet he willingly left heaven to come so that we might be welcomed back into fellowship with God.

Yeah, I’ve got things to do, places to go, people to see. But my time is not my own; it is God’s.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home