Thursday, July 06, 2006

Middle America


Life is just easier out here in middle America, right? I'm in Springfield, MO. for the night. Robbie and I are on our way to the great Heyduck Reunion in Centralia, Illinois.

So, this morning, since I get up way to early to rouse a 17 year old on vacation, I went and filled the tank in anticipation of driving another 200 miles and of gas not getting any cheaper.

As I pulled away from the Conoco station, I reached through my steering wheel to reset the trip odometer. Unfortunately, I did so as I was turninga corner, and my wrist got stuck in the wheel.

Since I am typing this, you can see that I made it out of that situation alive, and with at least one hand able to type. (My voice recognition software tolk me I was too loud)

Don't try to do too many things at once. Or at least, while you are driving, make sure your right hand knows what your left hand is doing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home