Friday, June 23, 2006

What's the most important part of comedy?


Timing is everything. We went to the Gotham Comedy Club last night to hear the "Master's Show." Five comics, each with more than 20 years of experience performed. I was warned by our tour guide that they might bash Bush, especially once they found out there were Texans in the house.

Our tour guide also told us that one of the times she had gone to the Gotham, Jerry Seinfeld just happened to walk in. He had some new stuff, and this was the place to try it out.

No one famous showed up last night, but from the pictures that lined the hallway going in, everyone in stand-up has been there at one time or another.

New York City is a lot like Stand-up; it's all about timing. I learned that in the subway, Times Square, almost everywhere I've gone. I suppose this is true everywhere, but it is magnified here.

when the time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under law, to redeem those under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons. -Galatians 4:4-5

1 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Blogger Mark said...

Hey, Steve,

My family & I are headed to the Big Apple next month in celebration of my 50th birthday. The highlight for me will be watching a game at Yankee Stadium. Any hot spots you can share with me would be greatly appreciated. This is my first trip to N.Y.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home