Tuesday, July 05, 2005

What is your undercurrent?

Though I wrote this at least three years ago, it is still my favorite of all I've written. Enjoy:

When was the last time you were happy? I mean really happy. I’m not talking about “call from your girlfriend” happy, “the radio just played my favorite song” happy, or even “my football team won state” happy.

I’m talking about the kind of happy that flows from a river of contentment deep in the soul that bubbles up even in the bad times and reminds you, “Everything is going to be ok.”

If it has been a while since you have known this kind of happiness, then don’t wait any longer than you have to. You deserve it, because this is the depth of happiness that God wants for all his people.

I lived for years without knowing such happiness. Like most people, I had good days and bad days, but the assumption was always that something was about to go wrong, or the other shoe was about to drop. The river running in the depth of my soul was the river of sorrows. This river bubbled up to remind me that “Life is just one dang thing after another.”

I don’t have the space here to tell you the whole story about how I changed rivers, but I will tell you this: I can read on so many faces that so many people have given up on any hope of real, deep happiness for the rest of their lives.

This just grieves my soul because I know God wants so much more for us! Jesus said that he came that we might have life, and have it more abundantly. Do you want abundantly more of the life you have right now?

I understand my mission and purpose in ministry to be to life the abundant life as much as possible, and to bring others with me! I’d be glad to help you change rivers. Find the happiness that God wants you to live in. It doesn’t mean everything will suddenly go your way, but it does provide the peace and hope you may need to get beyond feeling like “Life is just one dang thing after another.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home